Wright Brothers is seeking an experienced Heavy Equipment Operator to join our grading crew based out of Chattanooga, TN. The Equipment Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner at highway and heavy civil construction projects. Heavy equipment may include trucks, front-end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, and other pieces of equipment. The Equipment Operator must also clean, maintain, and secure all equipment as directed by their supervisor.
HEAVY/CIVIL EQUIPMENT OPERATOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operate heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life.
• Operate all heavy equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies, and procedures.
• Perform daily safety and maintenance checks.
• Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required.
• Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored.
• Advise the Superintendent of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
• Participate in routine maintenance.
• Practice workplace safety
• Maintain daily vehicle inspections and reports.
• Maintain the appearance of the truck and clean truck after work daily.
HEAVY/CIVIL EQUIPMENT OPERATOR REQUIREMENTS:
• Uncompromising focus on safety excellence.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in fine grading sub-base to paver ready tolerances.
• Ability to operate equipment with a high degree of competency, skill, and proficiency and in challenging and unique terrain environments.
• Experience working with (TRIMBLE) GPS control preferred.
• Perform servicing and maintenance of equipment as trained and directed by management.
• Perform daily pre- and post- inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
• Effective communication skills applicable to position.
• Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / Environmental regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
• Flexibility to work overtime, weekends, and nights when necessary.
• Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
• Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Perform other job specific duties as requested by supervisor.
• Load, unload and secure as needed.
Wright Brothers is a Certified Great Place to Work, and we’re proud of the positive work environment we provide our employees. This includes mindfulness to our employee’s physical, mental, and spiritual being. We are aware that every person who works at Wright Brothers is an individual who deserves special care and a safe workplace. Because of this, we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• 401k with a Discretionary Company Match
• Short- and Long-Term Disability
• Life Insurance (Basic and Voluntary Buy-Up)
• Paid Time Off
• 5 – Paid Holidays
We are proudly An Equal Opportunity Employer • A Drug-Free Workplace • An E-Verify Workplace. We encourage ALL Qualified Individuals to apply!