Wright Brothers Construction Company, Inc. is searching for a field engineer with experience working on-site in heavy civil construction for our operations in Georgia and Alabama. Your technical knowledge will assist us in increasing owner satisfaction, improving efficiency, managing risk, diagnosing problems, and complying with laws and regulations.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess excellent technical skills, be a good communicator, and pay meticulous attention to detail. An exceptional field engineer should diagnose and resolve problems, improve efficiency, mitigate risk, and enhance and sustain relations with representatives from owner agencies (GDOT/ALDOT, and other regulatory bodies).
Field Engineer Responsibilities:
- Conducting site visits, monitoring schedules, and supervising technicians.
- Running field operations, offering technical support, and troubleshooting on-site issues.
- Ensuring on-site efficiency and safety at all times.
- Analyzing data, monitoring expenditure, and drafting progress reports.
- Overseeing equipment testing, maintenance, installation, and planning.
- Mitigating risk, ensuring compliance, and evaluating environmental impact.
- Directing crews, subcontractors, engineers, and other on-site personnel.
- Meeting with clients and stakeholders.
- Drafting and submitting reports to superiors and other key individuals.
Field Engineer Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction science, or related field.
- At least 1 year of experience in a field-related role.
- Excellent problem-solving skills backed by solid technical knowledge.
- A versatile and service-oriented mindset.
- Good understanding of safety guidelines.
- Great communication skills.
- Technically savvy and computer literate.
- Strong multitasking abilities.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks in a timely manner.
Wright Brothers is a Certified Great Place to Work, and we’re proud of the positive work environment we provide our employees. This includes mindfulness to our employee’s physical, mental and spiritual being. We are aware that every person who works at Wright Brothers is an individual who deserves special care and a safe workplace. Because of this, we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- A Company Work Vehicle
Wright Brothers is a Drug-Free workplace, so all potential new hires must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and physical.
Wright Brothers is an Equal-opportunity employer and an E-Verify Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, E-Verify Employer, and Drug Free Workplace.