We are seeking for immediate hire a Grading Foreman for work in the Chattanooga area. This position is local, non-traveling for the southeast Tennessee market.
This individual will be responsible for managing the day-to-day grading operations of the company’s projects which include managing schedules, vendors, subcontractors, and personnel. The foreman ensures the project is completed within schedule and budget, with adherence to the company’s quality and safety standards. This person identifies and communicates potential and actual variations from plans, specs and existing conditions.
- Must uphold company values and have a positive and respectful attitude with employees, subcontractors & clients.
- Set Example and Emphasize safety, quality and production.
- Ensure proper safety equipment is available and used by all field personnel including PPE, shoring & fall protection.
- Be constantly aware of multiple construction activities including employees, subcontractors, moving of heavy equipment or any other potential construction hazard.
- Through knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work being performed
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain all certifications and required training (CPR, First Aid, OSHA 30 etc.).
- Attend jobsite safety and progress meetings as required.
- Responsible for daily electronic reporting of timecards, diaries, jobsite photos, quantities, safety observations & JHA s.
- Reviews daily production and cost analyses as required to ensure the budget and schedule is met.
- Reviews all contracts, project documentation and plans to ensure the work is built to specific specifications.
- Schedule state and local inspections required to complete the work.
- Ensure the work meets proper quality control standards.
- Oversee field personnel, schedules, and construction operations.
- Responsible for job performance as it relates to company goals, safety audits, company policies and procedures including training, orientation, discipline, etc.
- Ability to read and understand project specific documents including, schedules, plans and specifications.
- Holds daily huddles to confirm all crew members are aware of goals, production & specific jobsite safety requirements.
- Ability to understand and efficiently carry out instructions.
- Ability to recruit, train, motivate & develop crew members as needed for the specific job.
- Keep clear and direct communication with crew members, superintendents, clients, client representatives & office staff.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Physical requirements include standing for an extended period.
- Ability to stand and walk in rough and uneven surfaces in all weather conditions.
- Be able to operate heavy equipment, use tools and assist with labor as required to complete the job.
- Manage and evaluate heavy equipment, tools and materials as needed for the specific job or assigned task.
- Ensure equipment is inspected & maintained daily.
- Schedule maintenance as needed.
- Must be available to work as the job requires.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience as a Foreman in heavy construction industry is preferred.
- Daily monitoring of labor, equipment, haul & production to ensure budgets are met.
- Must have knowledge of proper trenching procedures (sloping, benching, shoring, etc.)
- Meet the OSHA & TOSHA requirements.
- Have experience with all types of soil and rock excavations.
- The experience to properly handle deep excavations, confined space, dewatering & bypass pumping.
- Be able to check and set grades to ensure the project is in accordance with a set elevation and specification.
- Knowledge of grade control (GPS) is preferred.
- Knowledge of all types of excavation and final grade work including DOT, local and commercial work.
- Ensure operators properly maintain & thoroughly clean equipment and hand tools.
- Communicate with trucking foreman for truck needs by 3:00PM for the following day.
- Understanding and implementation of State & Local traffic control requirements
- Coordinate with subcontractors required to complete the job.
- Experience with electronic field reporting software is preferred.
- General knowledge with Microsoft Office is preferred.
- Must pass all company and other required drug and alcohol tests.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in English.
- Following a standard 90-day probationary period, you may be eligible for benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k.
- We typically offer better than industry average wages. Wages are based on experience.
Wright Brothers is a drug-free workplace, so all potential new hires must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and physical. Wright Brothers is an Equal-opportunity employer. As such, we encourage ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS regardless of race, color, religion, sex, parental status, national origin, age, political affiliation, or military service to apply.
An E-Verify Employer.