Heavy Haul/Lowboy Driver CDL A
Wright Brothers is actively seeking Lowboy/ Heavy Haul Truck Drivers for our construction team. In this position, truck drivers will drive to a pick-up site, load the proper materials, and drop it off at the construction site. While you may not be actively involved in loading and unloading your truck, you should be physically capable of assisting in all tasks. In addition to your hauling duties, you must inspect your truck for any damage or general mechanical issues. Our ideal candidate will have recent heavy haul experience (in the past three (3) years), whether hauling loads across the country or transporting equipment a short distance. A CDL A license is required.
Heavy haul truckers haul heavy machinery and other cargo. Truck drivers must be familiar with all traffic laws and safety requirements. They must inspect and maintain all equipment, and report any mechanical issues with the truck to their dispatcher. This person must also have some working knowledge of operating heavy equipment (dozers, excavators, pavers, rollers, etc.) for unloading purposes. We are looking for a team player…this means you have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisor with other duties as required.
Key Activities and Position Responsibilities
Heavy Haul Truck Driver Requirements and Qualifications
- CDL A license
- Trucking and hauling experience (recent, past 3 years)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Keen eye for detail and safety issues
- Working knowledge of operating heavy equipment for unloading purposes.
- Is willing to work/desires overtime and extended hours.
- Following a standard 90-day probationary period, you may be eligible for benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k.
- We offer better than industry average wages.
- We offer short and long term disability
Wright Brothers is a drug-free workplace, so all potential new hires must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and physical.
Wright Brothers is an Equal-opportunity employer and as such we encourage ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES to apply.
An E-Verify Employer.