Wright Brothers is seeking, for immediate hire, pipe-layers for a project located in Clay County, NC.
We are looking for experienced pipe layers to join our operations in western North Carolina. As a pipe layer, you will be responsible for assessing the ground conditions, digging trenches, assembling pipes, and laying pipes in accordance with city and county ordinates. You may also be required to remove old piping systems, seal joins, and install auxiliary lines.
To ensure success as a pipe layer, you should have good working knowledge of pipe fitting techniques. A skilled pipe layer should be able to select, place, and seal pipes quickly and efficiently without impeding the progress of the construction crew.
Pipe Layer Responsibilities:
- Measuring and configuring pipe routes.
- Gathering material and installation tools.
- Digging trenches using hand and machine trenching tools.
- Locating installed piping systems using magnetic or radio indicators.
- Removing old or broken piping systems.
- Laying pipes into trenches and applying pipe spacers.
- Checking pipe alignment and sealing pipes with cement glue.
- Installing auxiliary lines.
- Sealing exposed pipe joints and fittings.
- Filling and sealing pipe trenches.
Pipe Layer Requirements:
- Proven work experience as a pipe layer.
- Detailed knowledge of construction and pipe fitting techniques.
- Knowledge of sewer systems, storm drains, and water mains.
- Experience with machine-operated trenching tools.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and city maps.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work outdoors in harsh weather conditions.
Wright Brothers offers competitive pay with benefits such as Holiday Pay, Vacation Time, Health Insurance options, and 401K with company match. Pay rate will be based on previous work experience. All potential candidates must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Wright Brothers is an Equal-opportunity employer. As such, we encourage ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS regardless of race, color, religion, sex, parental status, national origin, age, political affiliation, or military service to apply.
Drug Free Workplace