We have an immediate, full-time opening for an energetic and experienced survey party crew chief with a “can-do” attitude based in our Charleston, TN office.
The main focus for this role will be survey support for multiple jobsites in the field in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee. Jobsites are primarily road construction, bridge construction, new landfill cell construction, site-work, and quarry work. Travel to a jobsite on a daily basis, with an occasional overnight stay required.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Working as a one-two person field crew for various aspects of construction surveying.
- Construction staking and data collection via Conventional Survey Instruments & GPS.
- Utilizing RTK GPS as well as hand held devices running Carlson and Topcon software.
- Setting up and troubleshooting machine control on our projects.
- P.S. or R.L.S is a plus but not required.
- Candidate should have 3 – 5 years of experience leading a field crew or working independently as a party crew chief.
- Experience with use of robotic and conventional surveying instruments using data collectors.
- Experience with performing construction layout i.e. slope staking, topo survey, as-builts, etc.
- Experience with Topcon, Trimble, and various survey equipment.
- Experience with Carlson, Topcon, and Trimble handheld software.
- Experience with GPS Grade Control Systems.
- Basic computer skills with proficiency in Outlook, MS Excel, and data transfers.
- Advanced computer skills are a plus. Autocad with Carlson Civil/Survey office software.
- Ideal candidate would be proficient with basic drawings and points in CAD software and be able to convert paper drawings into CAD. Also be able to use point data collected in the field to generate contours and surfaces in order to calculate volumes and generate quantity analysis.
- Candidate must have a basic working knowledge of control points, localizing control points into a GPS control file and file loading into handhelds and machine screens for on-site applications.
- OSHA and MSHA certifications are required, or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug testing and subsequent random tests thereafter.
- All required training by employer will be at the employer’s expense.
- Candidate must be physically able to perform the job duties including heavy lifting, carrying, and working from elevated positions. A “Fit for Duty” test is required.
- This position requires the flexibility to work varied hours in outside conditions year-round.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment with a sense of urgency.
- Candidate should reside within reasonable commuting distance of our Charleston, TN, office or be willing to relocate.
- Following a standard 90-day probationary period, you may be eligible for benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k.
- We typically offer better than industry average wages. Wages are based on experience.
Wright Brothers is a drug-free workplace, so all potential new hires must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and physical. Wright Brothers is an Equal-opportunity employer. As such, we encourage ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS regardless of race, color, religion, sex, parental status, national origin, age, political affiliation, or military service to apply.
An E-Verify Employer.