Since 1961, Wright Brothers has been an ever-evolving Christian owned business steeped in the traditional core values of integrity, urgency, selflessness, and hard work. This strong work ethic and emphasis on family values have shaped us into the General Contractor we are today. As such, we hold ourselves accountable in implementing these principles and leading by example. Wright Brothers is recognized as one of the largest civil contractors in the Southeastern United States. We are an ambitious group, always looking for new adventures.
INDUSTRIAL SAFETY SPECIALIST RESPONSIBILITIES:
A industrial safety specialist is our constant reflection of Wright Brother’s commitment to safety. This position is responsible for providing safe workplace guidance to all employees.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s Safety Program.
- Promote a safety culture that fosters safe practices through effective leadership and training
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local regulations to prevent hazards and injuries
- Partner with the employees as a champion for achieving Injury Free – asking questions, observing, teaching
- Being an advocate for needed safety tools/equipment/process change
- Field partner for safety reviews/planning at the job site or pre-job
- Ability to build strong and healthy working relationships within the company
- Ability to track, analyze and share data/information
- Train and facilitate safety related processes
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a lead to oversee, direct, and coach other crew members.
- The position is very active, and the employee sits, walks, and stands for long periods of time and regularly performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- This requires balancing, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
- The employee lifts heavy objects, pushes, pulls or carries objects, and uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue.
- The position requires good manual dexterity (uses hands to finger, handle or feel, hand with arm, two hands) and multilimbed coordination.
- The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to talk, hear, and see.
- The employee frequently must lift or move objects up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 50 pounds.
INDUSTRIAL SAFETY SPECIALIST REQUIREMENTS:
- read and write to accurately complete documentation.
- read, hear, and understand written and verbal instructions.
- work long shifts with non-standard break times.
- work at heights of up to 100’ or more.
- work in enclosed spaces.
- walk moderate distances to reach work area (1/2 mile or more).
- wear a hard hat, safety vest, safety glasses, gloves, and safety-toed boots
- This is a full-time position which will typically involves long hours, weekend, and holiday work. Due to the nature of the job, the employee must be available on-call early/late hours to deal with delays, bad weather, and emergencies at the job site.
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in Plant and Industrial Safety
- ISN experience
- Knowledge of OSHA General Construction Requirements
INDUSTRIAL SAFETY SPECIALIST PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Ability to fluently speak, read, and write in Spanish and English.
Wright Brothers is a Certified Great Place to Work, and we’re proud of the positive work environment we provide our employees. This includes mindfulness to our employee’s physical, mental, and spiritual being. We are aware that every person who works at Wright Brothers is an individual who deserves special care and a safe workplace. Because of this, we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k with a Discretionary Company Match
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance (Basic and Voluntary Buy-Up)
- Paid Time Off
- 5 – Paid Holidays
- Referral Bonus
We are proudly An Equal Opportunity Employer • A Drug-Free Workplace • An E-Verify Workplace. We encourage ALL Qualified Individuals to apply!