We are seeking for immediate hire a Utilities Foreman for work in the Chattanooga area. This position is local, non-traveling for the southeast Tennessee market.
The Utilities Foreman will supervise a pipe crew who lay pipe, install sanitary or storm water sewer structures or pipe systems, grade, level, and backfill trench bases. This individual will be responsible for installing a variety of site utilities, including storm sewer, sanitary sewer, waterline, and electric duct banks. The Utilities Forman should be familiar with a variety of materials and installation methods to install per plans and specifications.
- Oversee daily tasks of crew members.
- Coordinate with site management to determine pipe routes, follow blueprints, and pipe layout and install sequence.
- Inspects work site to determine sequencing and method of pipe installation and survey for potential hazards or safety concerns. Responsible for crew safety.
- Plans pipe installation to reduce interference with other project activities.
- Coach other team members by teaching them proper pipe construction techniques.
- Complete time sheet with pertinent info from the day’s activity and submit per payroll schedule
- Complete all required paperwork (daily project reports, etc.) and submit as required
- Transport team members to and from job site as needed
- Interpret production schedules and comply with all federal, state, and other regulations including Erosion Control Laws and Regulations. Must complete the required trenching and excavation training requirements set forth by OSHA.
- 5 to 7 years of experience with water lines, storm water lines, sanitary sewer, and underground utilities
- 1 -2 years foreman experience preferred. Experience in the Chattanooga and surrounding areas a plus.
- Demonstrated ability of managing people, equipment, and materials in a safe, efficient and ethical manner.
- Hold or become Competent Person and OSHA 10/30 Hour certification.
- Ability to identify and correct unsafe conditions
- Capable of working at a sustained pace and produce quality work
- Ability to have a flexible work schedule, including working overtime and weekends as needed
- Strong verbal communication skills to communicate with employees, co-workers, and inspectors
- Strong organizational skills – responsible for timekeeping, equipment tracking, quantity tracking, and input on schedule development
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to manage multiple personality types to lead, motivate, and teach crews while maintaining a harmonious work environment.
- Ability to read and interpret utility plans, specifications, and local codes
- Experience setting and checking line and grade for utility installation using stakes and cut sheets, pipe laser, etc.
Work is performed outside in all types of environmental conditions. This position performs strenuous physical activity, for long periods, under varying and adverse field conditions. This position must be able to lift and/or carry up to 75 lbs., stand, walk on uneven surfaces, manually manipulate, grasp, reach out and above shoulder, climb, kneel, bend, twist, and push/pull.
A Pipe Foreman is responsible for various functions including, but not limited to:
- Working with supervision to build utility crews and develop a plan to perform site utilities in unison with earthwork crews or other contractors that may be present on site
- Implementing plan to meet project schedule and budget. Foreman will be responsible for ensuring required materials are delivered on time, layout needs have been adequately communicated to the surveyor, and work area is set up to safely perform task.
- Recording and tracking production quantities and compare vs estimated cost to meet or exceed planned profit margin
- Working with superintendent and general foreman to schedule employees and equipment to keep utilization rates high
- Communicating with vendors and subcontractors as it relates site utilities, such as aggregate suppliers or municipal suppliers
- Maintaining a working knowledge of related plans and specifications, contractual requirements, and schedule, and communicating progress or any issues with superintendent and project manager
- Ensuring the safety of all employees and personnel on site, by maintaining compliance with all applicable OSHA and Company safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Following a standard 90-day probationary period, you may be eligible for benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k.
- We typically offer better than industry average wages. Wages are based on experience.
- We offer short and long term disability
- This position offers a work vehicle and all tools needed to perform (smart phone, tablet, etc.)
Wright Brothers is a drug-free workplace, so all potential new hires must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and physical. Wright Brothers is an Equal-opportunity employer. As such, we encourage ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS regardless of race, color, religion, sex, parental status, national origin, age, political affiliation, or military service to apply.
An E-Verify Employer.