Wright Brothers Construction Company, Inc. is searching for a crane operator with experience working on-site in heavy civil construction for our operations in Georgia and Alabama. Your technical knowledge will assist us in increasing owner satisfaction, improving efficiency, managing risk, diagnosing problems, and complying with laws and regulations.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess excellent technical skills, be a good communicator, and pay meticulous attention to detail. An exceptional operator should diagnose and resolve problems, improve efficiency, mitigate risk, and enhance operations. The Crane Operator position is responsible for operating heavy crane equipment in a safe and appropriate manner at highway and civil heavy construction projects.
CRANE OPERATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate crane to lift and move materials and other objects, plan all lifts, use capacity charts, perform rigging inspection and daily crane inspection, respond according to hand and/or verbal instructions, observe the travel of all loads and take appropriate action to avoid injury to personnel or damage to property, listen to warning alarms and respond accordingly, and read boom angle and drum rotation indicators
- Ultimate responsible person during crane or hoisting operations to ensure the pick is safe
- Perform daily inspections and report findings using effective verbal and written communication skills
- Be thoroughly familiar with crane control functions
CRANE OPERATOR REQUIREMENTS
- Bridge construction crane operations experience
- NCCCO crane certified or its equivalent
- Lattice Crawler and up to 50 Ton RT Crane experience
- 5 years of crane operating experience preferred
- Reliable transportation
- Work in enclosed spaces
- Wear all safety PPE while operating
Wright Brothers is a Certified Great Place to Work, and we’re proud of the positive work environment we provide our employees. This includes mindfulness to our employee’s physical, mental, and spiritual being. We are aware that every person who works at Wright Brothers is an individual who deserves special care and a safe workplace. Because of this, we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes:
· Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
· 401k with a Discretionary Company Match
· Short- and Long-Term Disability
· Life Insurance (Basic and Voluntary Buy-Up)
· Paid Time Off
· 5 – Paid Holidays
We are proudly An Equal Opportunity Employer • A Drug-Free Workplace • An E-Verify Workplace. We encourage ALL Qualified Individuals to apply!