Wright Brothers Construction Company, Inc. is searching for a project intern with experience working on-site in heavy civil construction for our operations in Charleston, TN. The Project Intern provides general help on highway and heavy civil construction projects. The Project Intern will be provided exposure to all facets of project operations and management ranging from laborer to project management assignments.
PROJECT INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Working as a laborer or equipment operator
• Assisting with GPS survey lookout
• Tracking and inventory of materials
• Flagging operations and daily traffic control reports
• Assisting with subcontractor coordination
• Supporting important project
PROJECT INTERN REQUIREMENTS:
• The candidate will generally be enrolled in a degree program in civil engineering, construction engineering, construction management, or similar related field.
• Must be proficient in Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience using HCSS Heavy Job, CAD, and Viewpoint software is a plus.
• Read and write accurately to complete documentation.
• Read, hear, and understand written and verbal instructions.
• Work long shifts with non-standard break times.
• Work at heights of up to 100’ or more.
• Work in enclosed spaces.
• Walk moderate distances to reach work area (1/2 mile or more).
• Wear a hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, and safety-toed boots.
• The employee occasionally may lift and move items over 50 pounds.
• Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
• Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Perform other job specific duties as requested by supervisor.
We are proudly An Equal Opportunity Employer • A Drug-Free Workplace • An E-Verify Workplace. We encourage ALL Qualified Individuals to apply!